Government Engineering College Valsad is established in year 2004. The institute aims to provide quality education for professionals courses that makes students knowledge with the subject domain and worthy citizen as well. This institute is recognized by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and Institute of Engineers (India). The college is administrated by Directorate of Technical Education, Gujarat State, Gandhinagar and is affiliated with Gujarat Technological University. A total of about 4695 UG students and 63 PG students have completed graduation from the institute till 2021.
As we are aware the engineering industry continues to evolve and expand, and new opportunities are arising for engineering graduates. With advancements in technology and the increasing demand for sustainable solutions, there is a growing need for skilled engineers in all sectors. Our college has a long-standing reputation for excellence in the field of engineering, and it is my goal to continue to uphold and build upon this legacy. I believe that by nurturing the talents and ambitions of our students, we can contribute to the advancement of our institute and society at large.
With the available resources, GECV has received many rewards in start-up and innovation. Today, in this transition phase, the push for innovation and the rise of start-up culture have created a demand for entrepreneurial-minded engineers who can bring fresh ideas and solutions to the table. Hence, we must ensure that the highest quality educational and institutional resources are utilized to its best level. I wish to convey that, think out of the box, and explore the opportunities, and team GECV is committed and stands beside you to foster an environment that encourages academic growth, critical thinking, and innovation.
- To strengthen learning outcomes, employability and quality standards by encouraging student centric approach to become the preferred institute for meritorious students.
- 1. Design and deliver academic quality standards with regular pedagogical intervention.
- 2. Effective active learning mode for laboratory hours with attainment of course outcomes indicators.
- 3. Strategic attempt to support weak students.
- 4. Need base faculty development plan with exposure to best practices.
- 5. Conspire to inspire for creativity, innovation and holistic growth.
Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life; dream of it; think of it; live on that idea. Let the brain, the body, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, and this is the way great spiritual giants are produced.
-- Swami Vivekanand
(Posted by: Prof. D. N. Tandel)