RUSA Project@GEC VALSAD
- Component-9 (Equity Initiative)
- Component-12 (Vocationalization of Higher Education)
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Events Under RUSA
About RUSA Project
- GEC VALSAD is the premier engineering institute in south Gujarat region, offering the five basic engineering programs (Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineerig, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering)
- Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS), launched in 2013 aims at providing strategic funding to eligible state higher educational institutions. The central funding (in the ratio of 60:40 for general category States, 90:10 for special category states and 100% for union territories) would be norm based and outcome dependent. GEC Valsad has received grants under component 9 Equity initiative & 12 Vocationalization of Higher Education, from Knowledge Consortium of Gujarat Ahmedabad.
Component-12 (Vocationalization of Higher Education)
- The main objective of RUSA component 12 is to improve to quality of higher education and increase the employability of students by providing a vocational course. Under this scheme institute has to select a vocation training course and a NSDC approved training partner to offer course to the students.
- Government Engineering College Valsad signed two MOUs with NSDC approved training partners along with KCG Ahmedabad, status under component 12 is as follows,
|Sr. No.||NSDC Training Partner||Course Name||Course Hours||No of Students undergone Training||Branch||Duration||Current Status|
|1||CADD center Valsad||SolidWorks||220||51||Mechanical||17 Jan 2019 To 01-July-2019||Assessment done, Placement is in progress|
|2||Sofcon India Pvt Ltd.Vododara||Industrial Automation||480||34||Electrical||20-Dec-2019 to till date||Training is going on|
Component-9 (Equity Initiative)
- To increase participation rate of Females, SC/ST/OBCs & other economically weaker sections in events/ competition organized at institute level as well as state level by creating atmosphere of equality at institute.
- Establishment of Equal opportunity cells.
- Gender/ Social groups sensitization awareness and campaign
- Remedial classes, Computer Classes, etc.
- Disabled friendly campus
- Enhancing soft skills: Personality Development, Communication, Interview, Business Communication, etc.
- Other innovative schemes/programs to enhance equity and inclusion. E.g., Selfdefense classes for girls, etc.
Objective of Institute under RUSA component 9 Equity Initiative
Equal Opportunity Cell
|1||Prof. D. N. Patel||RUSA Coordinator||Mechanical|
|2||Prof D. T. Barot||Member||Civil|
|3||Prof H. M. Jariwala||Member||Chemical|
|4||Prof J. A. Jadav||Member||Electrical|
|5||Prof M. H. Patel||Member||Environmental|
- To provide equal opportunity to every students of institute while utilizing the grants provided under RUSA scheme.
- Utilize the grants received from RUSA for maximum benefits of all students of institute as per the guidelines provided by KCG Ahmedabad.
- To conduct various activities for SC ST students of institute like counseling, competitive exams, remedial classes, purchasing of books, mentoring of girl child.
- To organize programs useful to the students and upliftments of all classes of society & to solve social problem and to create an atmosphere of equality.
- Also organize program for physically and mentally challenged students of institute.
Equal opportunity cell has following responsibilities
Events under RUSA
|Event Title||Event Date||Report|
|Spoken English Workshop||2016-11-25||View|
|Self Defense Workshop on Israeli Krav Maga Technique for Girl Students of GEC Valsad||2018-04-29||View|
|Enhancing Students’ Performance through Life Skills Workshop||2020-02-15||View|
|Role of theory fundamentals in campus/ off campus interview for Chemical Engineering Studnets||2020-02-15||View|
|3D Printing Workshop||2020-02-27||View|
|Importance of Electronics in Industries||2020-02-28||View|
|GD&T Workshop for Mechanical Engineering Students||2020-02-29||View|
|Fundamental of PLC Programming For Final Year Electrical Engineering Students||2021-10-13||View|